Relief International is looking for a Global Security and Logistics Co-ordinator. This job is UK or US based but there will be plenty of travel opportunities. It would be an ideal position for an experienced NGO security officer looking for a new challenge.
Details are below or you can download the doc file here
Relief International (RI), an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programs bridging relief and development, seeks a Global Security & Logistics Coordinator for its programs in Africa, the Middle East, Central, South and Southeast Asia .
The Global Security & Logistics Coordinator (GSC) will take on a rigorous leadership role in each RI operational country, as well as at RI HQ in the United States (Los Angeles and Washington DC), as the security and safety point person for all RI programs. The Security Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, applying, training and advising on safety and security management, and in security issues & procedures in all existing RI program countries and in new country programs as they evolve. The position is ideally based out of RI’s London UK office, and travel to the field together with liaison travel to US HQ is expected to be at least 60%. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Conduct rotating field visits to each of RI’s overseas operational countries and in-country bases, with emphasis on high security risk countries, to assess update and improve all security procedures and systems and to train international and national staff in same.
• Liaise with country specific UN & interagency security personnel on security matters; advise Country Directors and US HQ on security issues; provide security briefings and updates for RI staff and overseas country visitors.
• Apply situation appropriate rules and guidance per MOSS, UNSECOORD and RI’s internal Field Security Standards. .
• Develop comprehensive risk assessments leading to the creation of effective security plans, educate colleagues on the security plans and ensure compliance;
• Map security incidents and understand patterns and threats; facilitate the development of country and situation specific, coordinated evacuation plans.
• Develop and maintain contacts with national law enforcement agencies, where appropriate; be fully current on regional and country political issues and developments that impact INGO operations and safety.
• Review and revise security policies and procedures with country & regional security officers to ensure understanding, buy-in, and compliance by staff; routinely revise (write and edit) safety and security plans for review by HQ.
• Recommend and/or provides staff training on safety and security in a proactive and positive manner that promotes inclusion, participation, and leadership among the RI country teams, including expatriates, local national staff, and women. Be knowledgeable and sensitive to training needs and issues that must be understood to promote a positive organizational profile, cultural respect, and abide by the RI Code of Conduct.
• Assist in RI’s Rapid Emergency Deployment (RED) Team strategic planning and in the event of a disaster or emergency, coordinate in direct field programs as necessary.
• Coordinate logistical support for all RI field operations with RI HQ Operations, particularly in relation to the supply & delivery of major equipment and materials to RI’s in-country programs.
• Ensure the maintenance and efficiency of all necessary and country specific internal/external communication systems: e-mail, telecom, VHF and HF radio. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least 3 years of international security experience working in conflict affected countries and complex relief settings in the fields of both security & communications, including at least 2 years experience providing security and safety support for international NGO’s.
• Demonstrated knowledge of UN, ECHO, MOSS and other standard INGO security frameworks.
• Solid commitment to helping people in the most difficult circumstances
• Excellent references reflecting demonstrated teamwork, maturity of judgment, tolerance for hardship and stress, leadership and integrity of character
• Fluency in English – written and verbal. Fluency in a second language preferred (such as French, Arabic, Russian)
• Ability and willingness to train country staff counterparts.
• Ability to show initiative, multi-task and provide a consistently high output
• Management and leadership skills as well as being able to work collaboratively as a member of a multi-cultural and geographically diverse team
• Willingness and ability to travel to conflict zones and disaster areas with little notice
• Proficiency with Microsoft applicationsSalary
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Range will be 60k-70k annually.Application Procedure
This position is ideally based from RI’s London, UK office. Los Angeles or DC based can also be considered for well qualified candidates who may not be eligible for UK residency.
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and expectations, contact information for 3 professional references (whom we may contact after a second interview) with date of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org The email subject line should include the following: Global Security & Logistics Coordinator.