UNICEF invites applications from Sudanese Nationals for the temporary fixed term position of Security Officer, (NO-A), Juba. (Temporary Fixed Term)
If you are a Sudanese National who is passionate and a committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Purpose of the Post
Under the general guidance of the UNICEF Security Officer and the Director of UNICEF's Southern Sudan area programme, will deal with day to day security matters pertaining to Southern Sudan
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
* University degree, or equivalent qualifications in the related field i.e. staff college qualified.
* At least 3 years progressively responsible professional work experience in security related tasks in multi-cultural surroundings in Sudan, requiring decision making at extreme levels would be an attribute.
* At least 3 years progressive service in the military or police/law enforcement agencies, incorporating, threat assessments and
* Fluency in English and another UN language as required.
* Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
Other Skills and Attributes
* Analytical and conceptual ability; communication skills.
* Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
* Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
* Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
* Initiatives, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
Remuneration: An attractive package will be applicable at the relevant UN salary scale.
Submission of Applications:
Applications from-qualified Sudanese nationals, accompanied by updated GV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form, (which can be downloaded from our website at www.unicef.org/employ
) should be sent to the address below by or before Monday, 08 December 2008.
UN/UNICEF staff members are requested to enclose their 2 most recent Performance Evaluation Reports with their applications.
Send application to;
Human Resources Officer
UNICEF Southern Sudan Office, Juba
OR PREFERABLY: Email: jubavacancies @ unicef.org.
Vacancy # UNICEF 2008/11/06 - Security Officer, NO-A, Juba
UNICEF, Southern Sudan