Trevor Hughes, the Director of Global Security for IMC, wrote to let me know “the worldwide position is an anticipated position that we are collecting resumes for but not yet actively recruiting for”. He also kindly pointed out that they are actively recruiting for an NGO security officer for Afghanistan. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
International Medical Corps anticipates that it will have a position for a global NGO security co-ordinator. Get your application in early.
The primary function of the Security Co-ordinator is to manage Security Officers in different parts of the country, monitor and assess security conditions, and make recommendations to the Country Director to provide overall security coverage for IMC expatriate and national staff.
• Develop and update an emergency security and evacuation plan.
• Supervise and train national counterpart and security officers in the region.
• Co-ordinate and monitor security activities to ensure that safety policies and procedures are implemented.
• Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce staff vulnerability to those threats.
• Liaise with UN agencies, CF forces, and other INGO’s on the security in the country.
• Design and drill warden systems, emergency radio networks, and provisioning of emergency supplies for field personnel.
• Five years of work experience in Security Management in an emergency setting.
• Must have experience in unstable and resource deprived environments.
• Strong understanding of cultural, political and religious environment in the region, and be able to live and work successfully in those environments.
• Experience in the management of disaster relief personnel in hazard areas.
• Practical experience and knowledge of threat assessment and personal Security Management.
While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently works in precarious places. The employee is usually employed in areas of civil strife, which often result in an unstable security environment. Occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions.
You’ll need to visit the IMC jobs site to apply